What are the Requirements for a HMO
To ensure the property is an HMO, the following must apply:
- the property is suitable for the number occupying it (e.g.: facilities and size)
- the manager of the property (be you or an agent) is “fit and proper” (e.g.: no criminal record or landlord laws or code breached)
- every year an updated Gas Safety Certificate must be sent to the local council
- installation and maintenance of smoke alarms
- Electrical Appliance Safety Certificates must be provided
Guide to HMO Mortgages
- Use classes order for HMO properties
- What are the HMO regulations?
- Does a HMO need planning permission?
- Is there a register for HMOs
- What is a HMO
- Definition of a HMO
- Do I Need a Licence for a HMO
- What are HMO Properties
- What are the Requirements for a HMO
- What are the HMO Regulations
- Who will lend on HMO properties?
Just to say a big thank you to you and all the others who have helped with this process – including the underwriters at Shawbrook who met me early this morning. We have completed on the purchase successfully! This would not have been possible without your intervention – so a big thank you.