What are the Requirements for a HMO
To ensure the property is an HMO, the following must apply:
- the property is suitable for the number occupying it (e.g.: facilities and size)
- the manager of the property (be you or an agent) is “fit and proper” (e.g.: no criminal record or landlord laws or code breached)
- every year an updated Gas Safety Certificate must be sent to the local council
- installation and maintenance of smoke alarms
- Electrical Appliance Safety Certificates must be provided
Guide to HMO Mortgages
- Use classes order for HMO properties
- What are the HMO regulations?
- Does a HMO need planning permission?
- Is there a register for HMOs
- What is a HMO
- Definition of a HMO
- Do I Need a Licence for a HMO
- What are HMO Properties
- What are the Requirements for a HMO
- What are the HMO Regulations
- Who will lend on HMO properties?
I’ve just heard from my solicitor that he has the funds in from Interbay, had paid off our mortgage and is sending the balance on to me, which means that finally this is all over and I can move on. Thank you all so much for your help in arranging the mortgage, I am sure that my future plans will involve needing to arrange finance, and I will happily come back to you again.