What are the Requirements for a HMO
To ensure the property is an HMO, the following must apply:
- the property is suitable for the number occupying it (e.g.: facilities and size)
- the manager of the property (be you or an agent) is “fit and proper” (e.g.: no criminal record or landlord laws or code breached)
- every year an updated Gas Safety Certificate must be sent to the local council
- installation and maintenance of smoke alarms
- Electrical Appliance Safety Certificates must be provided
Guide to HMO Mortgages
- Use classes order for HMO properties
- What are the HMO regulations?
- Does a HMO need planning permission?
- Is there a register for HMOs
- What is a HMO
- Definition of a HMO
- Do I Need a Licence for a HMO
- What are HMO Properties
- What are the Requirements for a HMO
- What are the HMO Regulations
- Who will lend on HMO properties?
Many thanks for all your help in getting both mortgages over the line. I really appreciate your concerted efforts to solve all the problems that arose & apologise for my frantic mails and calls to you both. Rest assured I will certainly come back to Charleston again and feel free to have anyone refer to me in respect to explaining my experience in dealing with you all