What are the HMO regulations?
Although no specific definitions of an HMO existed previously, changes to the Use Classes Order in England meant that there is definition in planning terms now (Section 254 of the Housing Act 2004).
In England, a new property that is going to be occupied as an HMO will require planning consent under Class 4 (HMO’s). No such planning consent is required for an HMO reverting back to Class 3 (dwelling). It is also important to bear in mind that regulations don’t retrospectively apply for an existing HMO.
Guide to HMO Mortgages
- Use classes order for HMO properties
- What are the HMO regulations?
- Does a HMO need planning permission?
- Is there a register for HMOs
- What is a HMO
- Definition of a HMO
- Do I Need a Licence for a HMO
- What are HMO Properties
- What are the Requirements for a HMO
- What are the HMO Regulations
- Who will lend on HMO properties?
I have to place on record that working with you guys is far more pro-active that the main banks - I'm finding them slower than ever in their response time and internal procedures, you are very refreshing, keep up the good work.