Who can apply for a commercial mortgage?
Anyone that has the understanding that your monthly mortgage repayment is sustainable along with the potential growth of your business, i.e. individuals, limited companies, SPV’s and offshore entities.
The standard process for applying for a commercial mortgage is that an application is submitted by the customer, in turn the relevant property is valued and then, if approved, a mortgage offer is issued by the lending institution.
As every lending institution is different the information required by them varies. However, a typical example of qualifying information would be credit history and your experience, amount of loan required, what the purpose of the loan would be for, your ability to repay the loan and what security would be offered against the loan.
Some lenders may accept applicants or businesses with an adverse credit history but it does help if you can prove a clean credit history as this will enable a greater choice of lenders and a more competitive deal.
Even if you have been declined in the past, it helps to know why, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that you cannot apply in the future.
Commercial Mortgage Guide
- What is a commercial mortgage?
- When are commercial mortgages applicable?
- Who can apply for a commercial mortgage?
- What is the Funding for Lending Scheme?
- Where can I find the best deals?
- Can I mortgage leasehold and freehold properties?
- What are typical arrangement fees?
- What other fees might I incur?
- What are the benefits of using a broker?
- What is the typical loan to value ratio (LTV)?
- Why can't I find a table of rates?
- Which properties qualify as commercial?
I phoned on Friday to thank you and all your staff for the hard work and effort you put in to get this deal through, you have done more than what was required of you and your staff have gone beyond the call of duty to achieve completion. I genuinely thank you and all the staff at Charleston for making it happen in a professional and friendly way and I will certainly recommend your services to any one I can