What other fees might I incur?
A valuation fee – a report, following a visit to the property, sent to the lender. Cost depends on the type of property and the value of the property.
Legal fees – payable to your own legal team along with the lender’s legal fees.
Redemption penalties – a fee payable to the lender if the mortgage is paid off before the agreed term, however most mortgage options that we arrange will allow an element of overpayment without incurring any penalties
You may decide to pay or cancel a fixed interest rate loan and, therefore, there may be a breakage cost in addition to other fees such as redemption penalties.
Up to 10% of the outstanding loan amount can be re-paid in any 12 month period without incurring any repayment charges (for most lenders).
Finders fee – many brokers charge for finding commercial mortgages. A fee of, typically, 1 % of the loan value. Payable once the broker has produced a loan offer at terms you have pre-agreed with them.
Commercial Mortgage Guide
- What is a commercial mortgage?
- When are commercial mortgages applicable?
- Who can apply for a commercial mortgage?
- What is the Funding for Lending Scheme?
- Where can I find the best deals?
- Can I mortgage leasehold and freehold properties?
- What are typical arrangement fees?
- What other fees might I incur?
- What are the benefits of using a broker?
- What is the typical loan to value ratio (LTV)?
- Why can't I find a table of rates?
- Which properties qualify as commercial?
I just wanted you to know that the experience with Charelston has been utterly professional and competent in every aspect of this transaction. The solicitor I instructed was not good at all and I would have walked away from this deal a long time ago had Andrew not consistently calmed me down and gone the extra mile to find solutions to any stumbling blocks that came up. I have been particularly impressed by his balance of never pestering but always remaining attentive and responsive when required. I was a director of a FTSE financial services firm for 12 year so know about the importance of customer service and the thing I notice most in the industry is how rare decent service actually is. Well done to you on employing, training and motivating staff of Andrew’s calibre, I would certainly use you again in the future.