Can I mortgage leasehold and freehold properties?
There are no limitations on mortgaging freehold commercial properties
Typically a commercial mortgage can be raised on a leasehold property as long as there is more than 40 years remaining on the lease (for most lenders).
A commercial mortgage can be available for both licensed and unlicensed HMO’s (House in Multiple Occupation). However, if it is licensed, this license must be made available.
Commercial Mortgage Guide
- What is a commercial mortgage?
- When are commercial mortgages applicable?
- Who can apply for a commercial mortgage?
- What is the Funding for Lending Scheme?
- Where can I find the best deals?
- Can I mortgage leasehold and freehold properties?
- What are typical arrangement fees?
- What other fees might I incur?
- What are the benefits of using a broker?
- What is the typical loan to value ratio (LTV)?
- Why can't I find a table of rates?
- Which properties qualify as commercial?
This will be why Charleston have such a great reputation then!! Many thanks Andrew for the expeditious and favourable response, the offer ticks all the boxes and looks near a perfect match to what we are seeking!