What is the stamp duty rate for a Buy To Let?
You will be required to pay a 3% Stamp Duty Tax on any properties that cost over £125,000. The current Stamp Duty Rate as of April 1, 2016 are as follows:
- 3% tax on the first £125,000
- 5% on the portion from £125,001 to £250,000
- 8% on the portion from £250,001 to £925,000
- 13% on the portion from £925,001 to £1.5 million
- 15% on everything over that £1.5 million
Guide to Buy To Let Mortgages
- What is a commercial Buy to Let?
- What is Buy To Let?
- What is a Buy-to-Let mortgage?
- What are Typical fees for Buy to Let loans
- What types of property fall under Buy to Let?
- What is an Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)?
- What is the stamp duty rate for a Buy To Let?
- What are the current Buy To Let Mortgage Rates?
- Buy to Let, what can I claim against tax?
- Ideal Buy To Let Deposits / Loan to Value (LTV)
- Why use a Broker for Buy To Let?
- What is the capital gains impact of Buy To Let?
- Are my Buy To Let profits taxable?
- How to maximise your Buy To let
- What deposit do you need for a Buy to Let?
I just wanted you to know that the experience with Charelston has been utterly professional and competent in every aspect of this transaction. The solicitor I instructed was not good at all and I would have walked away from this deal a long time ago had Andrew not consistently calmed me down and gone the extra mile to find solutions to any stumbling blocks that came up. I have been particularly impressed by his balance of never pestering but always remaining attentive and responsive when required. I was a director of a FTSE financial services firm for 12 year so know about the importance of customer service and the thing I notice most in the industry is how rare decent service actually is. Well done to you on employing, training and motivating staff of Andrew’s calibre, I would certainly use you again in the future.