What deposit do you need for a Buy to Let?
Buy to Let mortgage deposits
If you are looking to purchase a Buy to Let property, you will need to consider the level of deposit required by the mortgage company for them to approve a Buy to Let mortgage to assist you.
In addition to the Buy to Let deposit, you will also need to provide enough funds within the deposit to cover stamp duty, solicitors fees and survey fees.
When considering the deposit, generally the higher the deposit you can provide the better the mortgage interest rate will be offered to you.
The minimum deposit you will require based on current products available is 15% of the purchase price for a single Buy to Let, if you are unable to provide a deposit, then we are able to provide 100%+ Buy to Let mortgages using additional security instead of a deposit, for example if you have equity in another property, whether that is your home or an additional investment property, we can often use the equity as the deposit.
Guide to Buy To Let Mortgages
- What is a commercial Buy to Let?
- What is Buy To Let?
- What is a Buy-to-Let mortgage?
- What are Typical fees for Buy to Let loans
- What types of property fall under Buy to Let?
- What is an Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)?
- What is the stamp duty rate for a Buy To Let?
- What are the current Buy To Let Mortgage Rates?
- Buy to Let, what can I claim against tax?
- Ideal Buy To Let Deposits / Loan to Value (LTV)
- Why use a Broker for Buy To Let?
- What is the capital gains impact of Buy To Let?
- Are my Buy To Let profits taxable?
- How to maximise your Buy To let
- What deposit do you need for a Buy to Let?
I can confirm completion has taken place and the funds have arrived successfully in to my account today. I would like to thank you for all of your help and professionalism during this process, it has been straight forward and a breath of fresh air compared to some previous brokers I have experienced, and very much appreciated. I look forward to the next time we can do business together (hopefully sooner rather than later)